Last updated October 3, 2018
Cherry Audio LLC takes our obligations regarding your data seriously, and we are committed to complying with the regulations set out in the United States of America and those in major countries around the world, including the European Union's recently adopted General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Our Websites, Products, and Services
- What Information is Personal
- Our policy regarding children
- What information we collect, why, and how we use it
- Who we share your information with and why
- Data Retention and How We Keep Your Information Secure
- What we will do in the Event of a Data Breach?
- How you can Help Keep your Information Secure
- Your right to control our use and storage of the information
- Information we Receive from Users in Other States and Countries
- How to contact us
Our Websites, Products, and Services
What Information is Personal
In compliance with the GDPR, we consider personal information to be any information relating to you, including your name, identification numbers (such as social security number, employee number, driver's license number), your location data, online identifiers, and any information relating to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity. With regard to your personal information, you have right to request this information from us and to request that we remove it from our servers and systems. If you would like us not to collect or use your personal information, or if you would like us to correct your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will endeavor to provide or remove this information as quickly as possible.
Our Policy Regarding Children
Our Websites, Services, and Software are not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from such individuals. If you are under the age of 13, we request that you do not submit any personal information to us. If we later learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under the age of 13, regardless of where that child resides, we will remove this information from our records as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly take the necessary steps to remove all such information.
What information we collect, why, and How we use it
Depending on the manner in which you use our Websites, Services, and Software (including the software products and the applications you access), we may collect a variety of information and data that could include:
- Websites and Software. When you log into our websites or install one of our software products, we may request your email address, username, password, and other security information. We use this information to contact you when we introduce new product features or to let you know if a problem has been discovered or corrected, and to provide you with news that you request from us. We do not require that you provide any information to access our website, although you may be required to provide certain information to access our software products so that we can ensure that only authorized users are accessing these products.
- Connecting to Us Through Third-Party Websites and Services. When you connect to our Websites or our Software or Services through a third-party, we often have the ability to collect information about you from these third-parties, depending on the third-party's terms of service and the privacy settings you have specified. For example, we may have access to your full name, profile picture, user ID, login, email address, physical location, gender, birthday, groups and affiliations, and posts to your friends. If we collect this information, it is because it helps us identify where our Website users are coming from and how they found us. We also use this information to identify trends and interests, which helps us to build the products you want. If you do not want us collecting or using this information, you can often disable this feature through the settings on the website service you are using. If we have collected this information and you do not want us to use it or store it, please let us know immediately and we will take steps to ensure it is removed from our servers.
- Advertisers. Some of our Services and Software may employ advertising and purchase incentives, which may be embedded in our software products and services, provided in conjunction with them, or available through our Websites. We permit these third-parties to serve these advertisements and to collect information about how you use our products and services, including the device you use, your operating system, your login information, wireless carrier, and the geographical location. We use information from these third-parties primarily to help us deliver relevant advertising to you and to verify your location and use of our products, along with other interests you may have that are beneficial to the design and development of new products. In these cases, we will have written agreements with these vendors so that we know what information is being collected, used, and stored, and to ensure you that they are operating with the laws and regulations of the United States and European Union.
- We may use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our websites and services. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. If you disable session cookies, many of the services and products we offer will not operate correctly.
- In some cases, we use persistent cookies to enable us to track and target our website visitors' interests and to enhance their overall experience. If you check "remember me" when logging on our websites, we may set a persistent cookie to store your username and password so that you do not have to enter it more than once. A persistent cookie is removed when you uncheck the check box.
Who we share your information with and Why
- Sharing Your Information with Law Enforcement. We may release information concerning your use of our Websites, Services, and Software (including, but not limited to, posted public postings, registration information, network records, and geographic and tracking data) when (a) we believe in good faith that such release is appropriate; (b) to comply with the law (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant, or court order); (c) to protect against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of our Websites, Services, and Software, and to protect our rights and property (including the rights and property of our third-party business partners and affiliates); (d) to enforce any contract between you and us, including with our third-party business partners and affiliates; and (e) if we reasonably believe that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure.
Data Retention and How We Keep Your Information Secure
- We will keep your information for as long as your account is active or the information is needed to provide you services, or as long as it may be required to fulfill our legal obligations. If you would like us to delete your account or request that we no longer use your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We store your information primarily on servers located within the United States of America. We take prudent security measures to protect you and the information we collect from you from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, and destruction. These measures include encrypting your information on our servers, keeping your sensitive information on a secured server behind a firewall, transmitting sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered on our site or mobile application using secure socket layer technology (SSL), periodic reviews of our data collection practices and platforms, and physical security measures that guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your information.
What we will do in the Event of a Data Breach?
In the event we suspect that your data has been compromised, we will contact you within 72 hours of when we become aware of such an event. If you would like to verify that your information is secure, we will do our best to reply to such requests as soon as possible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can Help Keep your Information Secure
- Passwords. Keep your passwords safe and secure. If you are requested to provide a password for our Websites, Software, or Services, please do not share your password with any third-parties. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should change it immediately. You may contact us email@example.com for assistance.
- Using our Blogs, Forums, and other Online Functions. Be aware of who you are communicating with and what information you provide to others. Our Websites, Services, and Software may allow you to contribute to blogs, forums, boards, to receive and participate in newsfeeds, to provide others with status updates and postings made by us and other Website Services, and Software users, and to otherwise post, share, and contribute information publicly, whether through messages, invitations, chats, photos, wall posts, and other functions ("Public Postings"). Nothing requires you to disclose your identity to others through these public postings, and you should always keep in mind that these will be visible to anyone who has access to our Websites, Services, or Software. In certain instances, this same information may be visible through general Internet searches and other means of obtaining Internet information. For example, certain software tools and technology may allow non-affiliated third-parties to copy, cut, and/or post your Public Postings to different locations (including to websites that are not owned or operated by us). This may result in the unauthorized use of your Public Posting information and your unwanted disclosure of this same information to third-party websites, for which we are not responsible, and, in some cases, may subject you to liability for the disclosure, including, without limitation, for copyright infringement.
- You should always exercise caution in all your Public Postings, and we recommend you do not provide or disclose any personal information when using our Websites, Services, and Software. If you choose to disclose your identity to third-parties using any Website or Service function or Service, you do so at your own risk. Neither we nor our third-party business partners and affiliates or developers are responsible for the privacy or security of any information, personal or otherwise, when you choose to communicate or exchange such information using the functionality of the Websites, Services, and Software.
- Linking to other Services. Be cautious of linking to other services. Our Websites, Services, and Software may contain links to other sites, but we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and services, and we encourage our users to be aware that when they leave our Websites, Services, and Software through these links, they should always read and understand the privacy policies of these sites, especially those that collect personally identifiable information.
Your right to control our use and storage of the information
Opting Out. Our Websites, Services, and Software may provide you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving information and solicitations from us even if you did not do so at the start of our services or software. Additionally, and at any time, you have the option of removing your name and e-mail address from any e-mail list we maintain in order to discontinue any such future communications. To ensure removal from any such list, please follow the specific instructions within the specific Website, Service, or Software you are using. If such Website, Service, or Software does not provide you such an option, or you are unsuccessful or otherwise have questions, concerns, or problems, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to request we remove your personal information from our Services and servers. If this is your desire, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as practical. Please note that if you are still using our Services or Software, however, we may require your consent to retain and use such information in order to continue providing you these Services and Software.
Information we Receive from Users in Other States and Countries
The laws regarding data and information privacy are changing, and we will do our best to comply with the laws and regulations around the world where we collect and use your information.
- We comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Additionally, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request from companies conducting business in California a list of third-parties to which the company has disclosed personally identifiable information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes. If you are a resident of California and want additional information confirming how we share your personally identifiable information with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EU Users. We comply with the rules and regulations specified by the European Union under the recently adopted General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How to Contact Us
If you have questions at any time, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. You can also contact us via postal mail at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Cherry Audio, LLC
40291 Junction Drive #204
Oakhurst, CA 93644